The 10 Commandments Of Escape Games
We’ve written extensively about how to be successful at escape rooms—including some ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’. This week, we’re boiling it all down to those we believe are most important to having a safe and enjoyable experience, while still maximizing your potential for success—all in a few simple statements we’re calling our 10 Commandments of Escape Games:
- Thou shalt not over- or under-think
- Thou shalt communicate with thy friends
- Thou shalt not use force
- Thou shalt use thy hints
- Thou shalt not play intoxicated
- Thou shalt wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Thou shalt not bring smartphones or recoding devices into the rooms
- Thou shalt inform thy teammates of any clues found
- Thou shalt not put props, locks, or blindfolds in thy pocket
- Thou shalt not spend more than 10 minutes on a single puzzle
Why are these most important? Well, there are a few reasons.
First, keeping these commandments in mind will help maximize your chances of success. While every escape room is as unique as the people who play them, there are some strategies that apply universally to them all.
Second, they will help you be efficient in your approach. Nothing is worse than running out of time and spending the minutes, hours, and days after your experience lamenting what could have been were it not for the precious minutes your team lost to inefficiency. Even if you DO escape, the success will be all the more sweet knowing your team performed like a well-oiled machine!
Finally, you want to have a good time. WE want you to have a good time, and our Game Masters would much rather be rooting you on than reminding you to abide by the rules. Follow these commandments and we can BOTH focus on making your experience an enjoyable one.
Now that you know the commandments, go forth and Book Now!